Introduction to Chinese Culture and Language
1. Who may participate? Anyone is welcome to attend. The workshop is highly recommended for
• In-service teachers (elementary, middle school, high school)
• LHU faculty and staff
• High school and university students
2. How do I sign up? Participants can sign up online www.ecampus.lhup.edu or at the Office of Distance
Education located at 151 Susquehanna Avenue, Annex 310, Lock Haven, PA 17745. Ph. 570-484-2404
3. Can I start after the first session? Yes, walk-ins are welcome.
4. What is the cost? There is no charge. The workshop is made possible by the generosity of LHU’s partner
school, Yao Hua High School, Tianjin, China.
5. What is the length of the workshop? Each session meets for one hour. Sessions are Monday, Wednesdays, and Thursdays,
starting on April 7 and ending on April 30.
6. Will I get a certificate when I complete the workshop? Yes, a certificate will be issued after completing the workshop.
7. Will there be any homework? Any homework or practice is optional.
8. Do I have to attend every class? Participants may attend as few or as many classes as they choose. However, because
language instruction requires frequent practice and reinforcement, regular attendance is highly encouraged.